9/11/09

Apocalypse now

Denis Hopper's line in this movie that I really liked.

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The
man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic
sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to
him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even
notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in
a corner, and he'll say do you know that if is the middle
word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are
losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when
all men doubt you -- I mean I'm no, I can't -- I'm a little man, I'm a little
man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws
scuttling across floors of silent seas -- I mean --"

No comments:

Post a Comment